Our placements are designed to offer experience of working as a Keeper. They are best suited to people enrolled on animal care courses who have already gained some experience caring for animals in other environments. Applicants must be aged 18 or older at the time of placement and should hold a current driving license and have their own vehicle.
Work Experience placements are full time, for five days per week for a minimum of five consecutive weeks. The placements may include some weekend days.
Unfortunately there are no payments in association with these roles. Each place is offered subject to an application process.
Typical duties include:
- Daily checking of animals for any health/ behavioral changes.
- Cleaning out animal enclosures.
- Preparing food and feeding the animals.
- Cleaning and maintaining public areas.
- Providing environmental enrichment for the animals.
- Interacting with members of the public.
- Assisting the full time staff with any extra activities/ work that may be required, such as animal training, record keeping.
If you wish to apply for this schemes please contact Mr Ian Turner, Volunteer Coordinator: [email protected]